Monday 30 December 2019

Dec Post 1

Hi.

It's truly has been a long gap already. I can't even remember when the last time I posted a video. Ya i know that my last post HERE was about 说好不哭, but I don't think that was the last post on YouTube was that...

Needless to say, there's been some interesting things that have taken place during the month of December 2019, and I'd like to put them down for the record~

I really don't know why or how my posts about Jay Chou keeps getting the views, and my other non-Jay Chou materials just don't get any attention at all XD

SO!

I'm on my sem break already, but am actually preparing for some papers in 2020 January. Even so, I'd figure I might as well make a post about the year, and since its really the end of a decade, I have even more reason to take some time to properly do a post or 2.

They're gonna be long, so breathe well, and do feel free to click off if you feel its too much of a burden to read them~~

Prior to the sem-break, I was just insanely occupied by activities that weren't related to YouTube. Courseworks and a Chinese Orchestra concert took a huge LOAD of time away from my daily practices. The coursework was a pain to deal with, and orchestra practices were in the evening that made things even more unbearable to the coursework.

By the time I was done with practice, I wouldn't even last 30 minutes into the coursework... I was just so DEAD TIRED by then that the only stimulant that would keep me awake would be reading manga or trying out Dota Heroes. Take that away and I'd be fishing at my table already...



A bit on the orchestra. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you'd have seen an album (on Facebook) that had pictures from the concert. We had prepared for about 2-3 months for it, and you can imagine how much the preparations actually took out of us. Personally I was very very concerned about my coursework at that point in time. I really was panicking already and was frantically trying to scout for answers online and from friends, to which my lovely friends were so kind and helpful to offer some assistance.


So I was on the percussions and needless to say, despite the concerns I had in mind, I threw myself totally to giving my best to join the practices, and did my best to not complain about it. After all, it is already my last year in Uni, I might as well give my best to enjoy the moment. Oh not to mention too that the percussion team was a lovely place to be in. To be honest, the only factor that really encouraged me to stay on was for the percussion team.

We bonded really well, and since we had a few new players in, and I and my team leader were the only experienced ones, it felt like a "big brother" responsibility to make the new guys feel at home. And it was that that made me want to give my all to the orchestra, and more specifically to the percussions group. I wanted to make them at ease with what they were doing, and so I stayed on.

If that still doesn't sound quite legit or sounds one bit cliche, well then I guess I'm abit too distracted as I am now thinking already of the next posting LUL. Anyway, maybe deep inside there was a part of me that wanted to sincerely lookout for others, and be the reliable one in situations, that motivated me to stay on, even knowing that I had my coursework and assignments on the line for this concert. I mean, I'm not comfortable giving excuses, so since I've already come this far in the preparations, I might as well give it my all to enjoy the performance day.

And here's some of the stuff I had the privileged to go bongo on~




Snares... My nightmare.

So it finally came! This time was in fact more exciting than last year's cuz we actually had costumes ordered for the concert! Now it's definitely not my first time donning on some proper attire for a show, but it was definitely my first having to put on some Chinese cultural attire for a Chinese Orchestra concert. Needless to say, it felt really good putting it on.


The concert itself was held for 2 sessions: one in the afternoon (matinee) and an evening slot. A list of 14 pieces (including encore) was presented. Mom and Dad came for the afternoon session, and to my utmost satisfaction, they truly enjoyed it. Especially my Dad. Our opening piece was Matsuri from Kitaro, and my Dad is a hardcore Kitaro fan. Back then during the preparations, I didn't know it was called Matsuri, but I knew what piece from Kitaro my father liked the most. So when we practiced for the first time, I kinda knew that he would like this piece. Other than that, my parents enjoyed one of the encore pieces Tequila, and I guess they were really really happy to have come for the concert this time, and I'm really really happy that they left very very satisfied.



So that's for the concert, and now for the Darn Coursework =)

I don't think its worth to mention how much strain I had just getting it done. It was about designing a motor control with a flexible shaft, and damn was it tough. It took away my days of self practice, and took away everything I knew about myself LEL. Initially I had thought of pursuing a career in systems control, but not anymore~

And Finally when 16th of Dec came, it was submission day and I sent it away through the submission portal. OH THERE WAS ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT DUE ON THE SAME DATE TOO!!

But that was already half done, so it was not too much of a bother to me. Well imagine the bliss I felt after handing in those reports. I blacked out later that evening at about 9pm all the way to 4am on my bed the following day, and I enjoyed the next 2 days binge watching anime hahahahahahah

In total, i finished Fate/Grand Order, Promised Neverland, and caught up with My Hero Academia to the latest episode. And Azur Lane as well!

It was enjoyment to the max~

Ah, it's hard to believe that it was only 2 weeks ago from the point of writing this, and it feels really long. From then on, I started packing to head home for awhile, and of course, go on the annual pilgrimage to an event I look forward to every year: Comic Fiesta.

So in case you're wondering which post this corresponds to, if I'm not mistaken, its for Eric Chou's Something About LA video, which you can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIHPOVcDHtE&list=PLxbT1Z-s0rolU2Fh32rnMQ-miyNqVeKrl&index=2&t=0s


Next post is about Comic Fiesta 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment