Tuesday 10 May 2016

My Online Persona: DrewyJin

As mentioned, an update every time I upload a video. 
This time will be about my name DrewyJin.

My Online Persona

Please don't mind me here... I chose to write about this not to be braggy or something. I just act to my words, and I need stuff to talk about to build up this blog. I guess there won't be much, but an update is still an update.

Initially, my online names revolved around "Andrew". Anything I could coin up with "Andrew" will do. It was left as that for quite a few years until I decided to properly initiate my channel.

To cut it short, successful businessmen and YouTubers have one thing in common: SELF BRANDING. Setting a brand for yourself is what people will remember you of. For example, if you subconsciously keep cracking up jokes, people might brand you as THE JOKER. Good or bad, it really is up to you to decide~

In simple terms, it is what business people would have to do in order to set up a business: PICK A UNIQUE NAME. After some time and searching, I really had to take in account the advise my mentors gave me as AndrewJH just wasn't cut out to be a proper brand. (Remember my last post that I mentioned "Andrew" was such a common name? Yep, it really is.) 

What is with the name Andrew that makes it soooo common...



Hence, I spent days thinking of names, even asking my friends for suggestions. I'd say there were a few that looked rather interesting, but just didn't quite fulfill the criteria I wanted. After some days (or weeks), I got the idea to make use of "Andrew" and "Jin". I shortened Andrew to Drew, and remained Jin. But DrewJin just sounded flattttttttttttttttttttt. And then, I thought of something rather unique.

You see, English is such a wonderful language that you can literally make ANY word into an adjective just by adding "-y" or "-ly" at the end. In my case, since I wanted SO MUCH to make MY "Andrew" standout, VOILA, I had myself named DrewyJin. 
Image result for like a sir


Since then, I have changed all my socials to utilize the name DrewyJin whenever I can to establish my own "brand". 

Image result for brands essence of chicken

Yep. BRANDing is very important.

So if you ever want to search me out, just type in DrewyJin and you will get what you looked for. 

So that's it for now. I will leave to the next upload to determine the next posting. 

So below here is the upload corresponding to this posting. Check it out! America's Sweetheart by Elle King. Rock n' rolling! 


Thank you for dropping by! Bye for now~ 
(~`,`)~



No comments:

Post a Comment