Friday 3 June 2016

Thoughts On My Path

I've probably not being on YouTube long, nor have I spent YEARS to perfect myself, but I think my time so far spent on YouTube materials has really made me think for quite a while...
Image result for THINKING ICON

Sharing materials online may be an excellent hobby, but it can potentially turn into something life changing. If people find your materials good, they will come back for more. If it's bad, people either flame you off or just ignore you.

My efforts thus far have been rather fun. Occasionally my work gets exceptional attention, while others just become "an uninteresting thing". Not that I mind but, I sometimes think how would life be if my works were significantly more appealing. 

Comparing myself to other pianists, I am aware of the skill gap. People like Kyle Landry, Animenz, TheIshter, Zacky etc, have so mobile fingers as though there is an individual brain in each finger. They run the keyboard with seemingly no effort. They make arrangements that bring out the songs' emotions. They make people know the MAGIC OF MUSIC. They are just so inspiring...

Watching their videos are one of my favourite past times. I will always be so inspired by their arrangements and would be left speechless after listening and watching their greatest work. 

More than the rest, watching great pianists like them puts my soul on fire to improve. I want to improve. I want to make my work appealing. I do not want to be complacent with my work. I want to develop skills that would at least be worthy to listen to. Otherwise, I would have dishonored the time I spent learning music...

I do hope to reach that level of performance. I dream to be that successful. 

Anyway, here is the video corresponding to this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment